vivo has released a new software update for the vivo X90. It bumps up the Android security patch level on the smartphone from April 2023 to May 2023 and optimizes the system stability to fix the occasional app crash issue.
Additionally, the update comes with a couple of camera optimizations for improving the clarity of photos taken by the selfie shooter in Super Night Mode and optimizing the overall function of the Camera to provide a better shooting experience.
You can check the update’s changelog below for more details.
- Updated to the May 2023 Google security patch to improve system security
- Optimized system stability to fix the issue where some apps occasionally crash
- Fixed the occasional issue where some pages were not displayed properly when “Largest” was selected in Font & display size
- Fixed the occasional issue of abnormal screen display
- Optimized network adaptability and stability
- Optimized the clarity of photos taken by the front camera in Super Night mode
- Optimized the smoothness of the overall function of the Camera to provide a better shooting experience
- Status bar & notifications
- Optimized the display of icons in the status bar to provide a better user experience
- Optimized third-party app compatibility to fix the occasional issue where some apps don’t work properly
- Fixed the occasional issue where “Permissions” is grayed out on the App info page of “Feedback”
- Fixed the occasional issue where incoming calls were played through the speaker when Bluetooth earphones were connected
The update comes with firmware version PD2241BF_EX_A_18.104.22.168.W30, requires a download of about 245MB, and is currently seeding in India. If you live in India and haven’t received it, you can head to the Vivo X90’s Settings > System update menu to check for it manually.
If you live in another country and have received this update on your Vivo X90, let us know by dropping a comment below.